Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Monday, February 11, 2013

Homeschooling


Off on another tangent! It's boring here on the farm right now, what can I say? About 25 years ago I started on the adventure of my life. I started homeschooling my 2 oldest children. After several years, I found myself homeschooling other area kids. I wound up with an effective system of homeschooling that uses little to no curriculum and actually can cost less than the cost of paying the book and other fees involved with sending children to a public school.

Over the years, I've posted almost all of these ideas and suggestions in one place or another on the internet and I've kept a file of them on my personal computer. This winter, one of my goals was to gather all that info into a book for anyone who is interested in homeschooling or who is interested in ideas to cut the cost of teaching their own. It won't be a terribly big book, I suspect less than 50 pages. But, in spite of what the education establishment would have you to think, teaching your own isn't as complicated as you think. I'm on page 12 now. Hopefully, I'll have it all together and ready to sell at the markets and on the internet this summer.

I'm toying with a couple of titles, which do you like better? Grama Sue's Tried and True Homeschool or Almost Unschooling Grama Let me know!


God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue




No comments: